Private Independent school from PK through 12th grade.

New Families FAQ


Welcome to Hammond and the Skyhawk family!  This page is just for you and has helpful information and useful links to forms that you will need to complete for the coming school year.

If you have any questions, please contact the Admissions Office, (803) 695-4018. 


List of 8 frequently asked questions.

  • Q: When does the 2018-2019 school year start?

    New student orientation will be held on Wednesday, August 15, 2018.  The first day of school is Thursday, August 16, 2018.
  • Q: What are the school hours?

    Lower School (PK – 4th): 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
    Middle School (5th – 8th): 8:00 a.m. – 3:10 p.m.
    Upper School (9th – 12th): 8:00 a.m. – 3:20 p.m.

    Most students arrive on campus between 7:45 – 7:55 a.m.
  • Q: What are the Extended Day hours?

    Extended Day for PK – 4th: 3:00 – 6:00 p.m.
    Extended Day for 5th – 6th:  3:10 – 6:00 p.m.

    Questions about Extended Day may be directed to Kevin White, Ext. 2005 or  

    Click here for more information about the Extended Day program  
  • Q: Where do I drop-off and pick-up my student?

    Each division has a designated drop-off and pick-up area. 

    Lower School Drop-off:

    • Front of the fitness center via the Shelley Road back gate 
    • Side of Lower School adjacent to Mr. Mancke’s cabin via the Galway Lane front gate

    Middle School Drop-off:

    • Behind the theatre and at the side of the Upper School gym.  
    • Middle School pick-up is at the side of the US gym only.

    Upper School Drop-off:
    • Upper School drop-off and pick-up is located at the front of the school in front of Barks Hall.
  • Q: When will I know my child's class schedule or teacher assignment?

    Lower School teacher assignments, as well as the Middle and Upper School class schedules, are mailed out in early August. If you have questions regarding class placement or schedules please contact the appropriate division head:

    Helen Kiser, Lower School –; ext. 2001
    Todd Fawcett, Middle School –; ext. 1020
    Jody Lumpkin, Upper School –; ext. 1013
  • Q: Where can I purchase school uniforms?

    Land’s End is our official uniform provider.  Hammond’s school code for Land’s End is 900093188.  The Parent’s Association will also host a Uniform Resale at the beginning of the school year to purchase gently used uniforms. 
  • Q: How does my student pay for lunch?

    Students are assigned lunch account numbers once you turn in the lunch account form. Payments may be made via a credit card that is kept on file or by depositing cash into the account via the business office.  Students have the option of bringing their own lunch as well.  The lunch menu and pricing can be found by clicking on Dining Services under the Quicklinks tab on the website.
  • Q: How do I get a Vehicle Permit sticker?

    All Hammond family cars need a vehicle permit sticker that should be placed in the front window on the bottom left driver side.  Vehicle permit stickers will be mailed to all Hammond families in August.  If you need an additional sticker or a replacement sticker please stop by the front desk in Barks Hall.  Student drivers in the 10th -12th grades may get their student stickers from the Upper School office.

Health Questions and Forms:

Hammond will use School Doc to collect student health and other information for the school year. This is a secure and easy-to-use website for submitting health information. You will receive an email from School Doc providing you credentials and a secure link to access your child’s/children’s School Doc account(s).

Health questions may be directed to the school nurse, Jessica Crosland,