The Hammond Endowment
Endowments for any organization provide a permanent means of generating income by safely housing all donated funds and using only the interest generated by them for spending. Endowments operate just like a savings plan for families. Money is placed into a savings account; only the interest generated is used to help operate the household.
The Hammond Endowment will fulfill the following purposes:
- To provide effective management of funds contributed to the school for long-term revenue generation to support the school.
- To encourage donors to contribute funds through estate and financial planning thus offering donors a means of “perpetual giving” to Hammond School.
- To support the school’s long-term goals in providing a stable, recurring source of funding for operational purposes.
These are the five funding areas designed to benefit from The Hammond Endowment:
- Faculty Excellence – Chairs, Teaching Awards, Summer Travel/Development, Training, Conferences, etc.
- Resources for Students and Families– Scholarships (Merit and Need), Leadership Training, Special Projects, Student Awards, etc.
- Campus and Facilities – Maintenance of Facilities, Campus Development, Emergencies, etc.
- Program and Student Life Enrichment – Funds for Specific Athletic Activities, Choir, Art, Drama, Libraries, Volunteer Activities and Organizations, etc.
- The Hammond Fund – The Headmaster’s Discretionary Fund and general unrestricted.
For more information, please contact the Hammond Development Office and speak confidentially with Mahalie Moore (803) 776-0295.