Fast Facts about Hammond
Students and Faculty
- 910 students in PK – 12th grades
- 50% boys & 50% girls with 15% minority
- 8:1 student:teacher ratio
- 156 faculty and staff members
- 15 years average teacher experience
- 107 acres
- 19 main buildings contain 85 classrooms
- Academic Enrichment Center
- Developmental Enrichment Center
- 2 libraries
- 4 labs
- 4 art studios
- 2 music studios
- Early Technology Center
- College Counseling Center
- 2 dining halls
- 350 seat theatre
- Lecture Hall
- 2 gymnasiums
- Fitness Center
- Wrestling Barn
- Lighted football stadium
- Lighted baseball field
- 8 tennis courts
- Cross-country track
- Practice fields
- Soccer/track and field complex
- Softball field
- Lacrosse field
- International Residential House
- Music, visual, and performing arts at all levels
- Select Ensemble
- Fringe Festival
Class of 2012
- This year’s senior class graduated 64 students.
- Members of the Class of 2012 were accepted to 81 schools in 24 states and Scotland.
- They are attending 28 schools in 15 states.
- Fifty-six percent have accepted offers of admission in state while forty-four percent will pursue their undergraduate degrees out-of-state.
- Six members of the class were recognized by the National Merit Scholarship Competition and National Achievement Scholarship Competition. Five advanced to Finalist and were named National Merit/National Achievement Scholars.
- There were 33 scores of 700 or higher on the Critical Reading, Math, or Writing sections of the SAT.
- The average SAT score (Critical Reading and Math combined) posted by the Class of 2012 was 1234.
- Sixty-nine percent of the class scored 1200/27 or above on the SAT (CR & Math)/ACT
- Forty-one percent of the class scored 1300/29 or above on the SAT (CR & Math)/ACT
- Twenty percent scored 1400/32 or above on the SAT (CR & Math)/ACT
- Fifty-nine members (92%) of the class took a total of 246 Advanced Placement courses/exams before completing their Hammond diplomas.
- Sixty-six percent of the class took three or more AP classes prior to graduating.
- Fifty-five percent of the class took four or more AP classes prior to graduating.
- Forty-one percent took five or more AP classes prior to graduating.
- Twenty-three percent took six or more AP classes.
- Twelve (19%) met the qualifications to be named South Carolina Palmetto Fellows, the state’s highest scholarship award.
- Eighty-six percent of the class was offered academic scholarships in excess of $ 5 million and counting.
- Sixteen members (25%) of the class of 2012 earned GPA’s of 4.5 or higher and were awarded the distinction of Honor Graduate.
- Annual Country of Study with a faculty member from each division visiting the country
- International travel for faculty and students including eleventh grade trip to Costa Rica
- Overnight school trips beginning in the fourth grade
Outdoor Education Program
- Outstanding natural history program and Naturalist-in-Residence for Lower and Middle School focusing on Primitive Technology
- Comprehensive wilderness program for the Upper School
- 107 acre campus with woodlands and wetlands
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- South Carolina Independent School Association
- South Carolina Independent School Athletic Association
- ERB SSATB
- College Board
- Morehead Schools
- Cum Laude Society