Hammond Scholars Program
An unparalleled academic opportunity for intellectually talented 9th graders
The Hammond Scholars Program is seeking academically talented students who are in the top 10% of their class and possess demonstrated leadership skills among their peers.
Our scholars program recognizes prospective 9th grade students outside the Hammond community who exhibit great academic promise, are in the top 10% of their class, and are leaders among their peers. Our scholarships include full or partial tuition for four years and are based solely on merit. Nominated students must possess a demonstrated record of academic achievement, exemplary character and leadership, and well-rounded participation within their school and community.
• "A" average, top 10% of class, and top 10% in national testing.
• Demonstrated leadership and/or a positive contribution to a group or cause.
• Completion of a defined essay, and Hammond’s regular admission application, along with an additional teacher recommendation.
• Selection Committee interview
- February 28, 2014 Scholarship Application Deadline
- March 11, 2014 Scholar Nominees visit Hammond
Application requirements and steps:
1. All students are required to take the SSAT. Information and test dates can be found at www.ssat.org
2. All students must submit a nomination form, completed by a third party.
3. All students must complete the full Hammond application, which includes the application, two teacher recommendations, and a writing sample.
4. All students must submit school documents, which includes report card and transcript, and standardized testing.
5. All students are required to complete an additional writing sample based on a trying time in their life.
For a Hammond Scholars Nomination Form, click here. For further questions, please contact Matt Radtke, Director of Advancement, at ( 803) 695-4017.